The plans for Eclipse 2017 were as challenging as trying to find those cardboard glasses that were a challenge to find. Even the consumers who thought they were being proactive and ordered their special eclipse viewing glasses early, the challenge in the end became verifying whether or not those early ordered glasses were certified. And while many people across America were trying to find their glasses and their destination plans, another far more relaxed group simply booked their spots on charter buses across the nation. Leaving the driving to someone else, these eclipse watchers were also provided the all important glasses by the organizers of the charter buses.
How easy or difficult was your last trip? Did you try to schedule your own routes in and out of a crowded event, or did you simply book a seat on charter bus trips instead? Whether you are wanting to go witness a once in a lifetime total solar eclipse or you want to go witness the annual fall color change on the east coast, charter buses are often the best option. Consider some of the other times when people might decide to travel by charter buses instead of driving themselves, as well as some of the advantages to this kind of travel:
- Adults and young adults accounted for 49.9% of the passenger trips provided by the motorcoach industry in the year 2012.
- Parade destinations during the winter holidays can be especially difficult to navigate. Booking a seat on a charter bus, however, can help you find your way in and out of some of the most popular destinations.
- Estimates indicate the for every $1 invested in new motorcoaches, an additional $1.65 of spending is generated throughout numerous sectors of the economy, for a total of more than $1.2 billion spent on travel and tour each year.
- Races and obstacle courses continue to be a big draw for many people. Getting to the start of these races, however, can be a challenge. For runners who do not want to cover a mile before the race ever begins, a seat on a chartered bus is a very popular option.
- Finding a way to make sure that large crowds get in and out of popular events requires the coordination of many groups, including charter bus providers who pick up and drop off from predesignated locations.
- Estimates indicate that motorcoaches are three times more efficient in reducing CO2 output when compared to commuter rail. Motorcoaches are also six times more efficient in reducing CO2 output than transit buses.
- Cheerleading squads and entire high school parent booster clubs often travel by charter buses to and from away competitions.
- The majority of long-distance bus trips are taken by females, who account for as much as 55% of trips, while men account for a lesser 45%.
- The total motorcoach industry fleet of 33,400 vehicles provides charter, sightseeing, tour, airport shuttle, commuter, and scheduled services.
- Research groups also find that traveling by charter bus can be a real advantage. With plenty of storage room for research equipment and other methods of documentation, a charter bus provides plenty of room for both travelers and their cameras, microscopes, and telescopes.
- Instead of having to navigate unfamiliar roads and find parking near crowded venues, charter bus travelers enjoy curb to curb transportation. Getting to see the sites of a big city, rather than having to avoid the trouble spots is another advantage to traveling by charter bus.
- Passengers who travel by motorcoach bring a substantial amount of money into the areas where they travel. For instance, one motorcoach spending even one night at a destination generates as much as $11,660 for that local economy in lodging, meals, and other spending.
If you want to make sure that your plans stay on track, maybe you should consider booking a charter bus for your next big adventure. Being stuck in the line of cars trying to find parking, a charter bus trip often has access to easier and faster ways in and out of high traffic venues. Make your plans now so that you can have A PERFECT TRIP in the future. Planning a trip in advance often offers the better pricing and travel date options.